Wednesday, October 7, 2009

HAUNTING

Because we are formed in the likeness of a God who reigns uncontested in His creativity and imagination, of course we, as humans, are also going to dream big! We ARE dreamers, and I too confess to being one among many.  

From the time I was a little girl, I imagined what it would be like to be the princess in the fairy tales…that someday I would be the paramedic to save lives…that one day I would meet my prince charming. What a magnificent gift our imagination can be! But, all too often I get caught up in the fabrications of my own plans—always trying to take matters into my own hands. I so easily allow my dreams to dictate my day-to-day life; I am content when all is as desired, but I fall apart when my dreams and plans are threatened. In a world that loves to jostle our lives, particularly the hopes and dreams we hold in the deepest places of our heart, I often find myself calling out, "Save me! Save me!" It is in these moments that I hear the gentle whisper of my Creator saying, "the plans in your heart are many, but remember it is my purpose that prevails."  This song continues to be a reminder that, while the Lord has put dreams inside of us, His ultimate desire is that we would not feel the need to write our own stories. Rather, He desires us to attune our hearing to His soft words, for He IS the ultimate Visionary of our unfolding story.


Ally Long

No comments:

Post a Comment